Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Telling the story

I had fun tonight showing pictures and telling stories from part of my recent African adventure. About 50 people gathered in the Parish Hall at Christ Church in Andover where I spent about an hour talking through pictures and some video from roughly the first half of my month in Africa. I talked through parts of my experience in Kenya, including Nairobi, Korogocho, Masailand, Lokichokkio and Kakuma. Then we went to Sudan and the experience in Yei and the NESEI school. Unfortunately I do not have pictures of the NESEI school yet since my camera had run out of batter power that day. Hope to have pictures I took on another camera sent to me soon.

You can access some of the pictures I showed tonight on flickr.com at http://www.flickr.com/photos/27582439@N02/show/. This is the first time I've used flickr, so I hope it works for you to click on that link. The places mentioned above all feature prominently in previous postings to this blog, so if the pictures don't make sense by themselves, you can read the earlier postings about them. I have labeled some of the pictures with captions, but not all. It's getting late, and I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.

Next Wednesday night I'll be doing the same routine, only talking about Rwanda, Congo, and Burundi, and the conference I attended on reconciliation. Stay tuned!

No comments: