Sunday, April 5, 2009

The fewer words the better

It's Palm Sunday. You wouldn't know it for the most part here in Japan. But I do -- even if I didn't go to church today. First time probably in my whole life that I wasn't in church on Palm Sunday. I've been thinking about it all day, however.

I don't really have any words to share today -- but I do have some pictures. Intimations of Easter -- if that's permitted when the rest of Holy Week is still before us. But I can't help sharing the pictures of the cherry blossoms from the past couple of days here in Shimoda.

1 comment:

Eric B. Schultz said...

Great pictures, Jeff, and a good reminder that it was the Japanese who gave the cherry trees in Washington, D.C., which are just starting to bloom as well. It's off to Trinity soon to watch everyone make those (dang) little crosses out of their palms. . . :)